Skip to main content

Spotlight on Kiko Milano



The Free Soul Collection



Happy Tuesday Beauties.
I'm placing the spotlight today on this new to me Italian makeup and skincare brand that I have been discovering more and more of since the beginning of this year.
Have you tried anything from Kiko Milano?

They have reached their 20th anniversary and have opened more than a 1,000 stores, some of those are here in the U.S. They carry brushes, skincare, makeup, nail polishes, etc. Beautiful shades, packaging and collections. 

*These products were gifted to me by Kiko Milano through Octoly. All opinions are 100% my own 


I was recently given the opportunity to try some items from the Limited Edition Free Soul Collection. As of now it is still available but two other collections have been released since then.

This lovely limited edition collection contains highlighters, brushes, eyeshadow quads, lipsticks, a
nailpolish, eyeliners, mascaras and creamy blush duos. The packaging is a lovely sheen aqua green that gives me mermaid and pearl vibes.

"Created specifically for the Free Soul collection by Ross Lovegrove, the aqua green packaging is reminiscent of the sorbet tones of spring. The “crumpled” effect echoes the ethnic-gypsy mood present throughout the collection." -Kiko Milano




What did I get to try?



Free Spirit Eyeshadow Quad




This lovely quad sadly arrived with one eyeshadow broken (The only ultra metallic). I quickly looked up videos and was able to press it back together. I will admit the way that shade shattered it seriously looked like powdered gold. So lovely. I did get word that a few other girls received it broken as well and it could be due to the formula that is in that shade . Its the softest of the four and in my opinion the prettiest. The other three shades are matte with the lightest being the hardest to swatch. These shades are perfection and fun to pair together. The only con is that I feel they didn't make it through the entire day. They faded a bit by the end of the day. 

How I used it:
I used the lightest as my transitioning shade, the reddish towards the outer crease with a bit of the darkest one to smoke it out and of course added that ultra metallic on the center of the lid. 


"The palette consists of 3 intense matte finish eyeshadows and one with an ultra-metallic finish, all with a rich and intense release of colour. The mix of powders ensures an innovative multi-textured result, ideal for layering different colours or for a spectacular smokey eyes effect." -Kiko Milano Website

Free Soul Highlighter



This stunning Highlighter only comes in one shade but contains three lovely shades inside. Go light, medium or dark, and if you are feeling adventurous mix all three. (Pictured above) This highlight is buttery soft and when I got to dip into the lightest shade I absolutely loved the outcome. Bright as hell and lasted a while too.  I love that all their compacts contain a mirror too. 

"The light and pleasant texture, embellished with highlighting pearls, lends a truly unique radiance. The high concentration of pearls helps to easily create points of light and guarantees optimum colour release with a buildable effect. Ideal for adding brightness to the facial features and making the complexion radiant with a gentle glow. The skin is resplendent with a new light."

Biscuit Chance Blush Duo



This blush duo is a cream one. I was really excited to try the dark peachy shade and was not disappointed. I used my fingers to blend in and loved the outcome. The lighter shade has a bit of sheen so I loved it as a base for the powder highlight. This duo is a must. They Lasted a very long time on my face.

"This handy palette offers a smooth and velvety texture wet-look blush, which gives the skin a pleasant feeling of freshness during application, which is smooth-gliding, pleasant and easy.
It gives the cheeks and cheekbones definition and colour, brightening them with an intense shade. Apply to the face for a long-lasting seductive result. The extreme colour payoff is largely enhanced when combined with the highlighter, which makes the facial features sparkle." -Kiko Milano Description


Wild Rose Heart Lipstick




(The look I created above was done using the eyeshadow quad, blush duo, and the lipstick.)

The Lipstick was a disappointment on the first try. I feel that because of the texture they gave it, it somehow created a layer that went on very sheer and patchy. I just wiped it off and tried another lipstick instead, that day. But the second time I decided to give it another try and was surprised to see how it applied differently the second time around. I really loved the shade, though I was expecting a more peachier not pinky nude. It was not long lasting like I would have loved but it was a very comfortable matte.  

What Would I recommend?

Definitely give the Blush duo and highlighter a try. They both worked amazing and if you love collecting cute pieces these two look stunning on your vanity and I bet they will be reached for regularly.

They offer free shipping on orders over $15. What a great deal right?

Thank you for checking out the blog today and I hope you have a lovely night.

XOXO RUBI





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The