Skip to main content

Pixi Pretties

PiXi Pretties

Happy Wednesday beauties.




So excited to bring you another pixi review, this time is their spring release of 3 new Collabs with some very well known beauty gurus. Two of which I am a little ashamed to say but I'm not very familiar with, and one that I have been a fan of since the begining. YouTube has never been my go to. But reminiscing on high school days when I had time to do things I would love watching at dulce. She's  doing it big and leading the way for latinas.

Before continuing on I also want to add that I recieved this PR package from pixi beauty. And the following items can be found at target, or on their website here

 Okay so let's get into it before this turns into a novel lol.


Chloe Morello Collab



Begining with the Chloe Morello collab...how stunning is this almost full face palette? Contains 3 large pans of blush/ highlighting shades, 6 divided eyeshadow pans and a little trio perfect for eyeshadow or brows. And look at that little side mirror. You have it all in this one. 
Retails: $24


The three sheen blushes.
Perfect for that summer glow. They swatched amazing! But how did they apply on the skin. Well..... that peachy shade took a bit to build up. My skin is a lighter shade slightly close to medium and it barely showed up at all. I layered it about three times.
The other two shades worked really well alone and even layered one over the other for the perfect rosy glow.

And the 6 shimmery shadows slash highlighter options in my opinion.  I personally would have added shades that aren't almost a little similar. A darker brown, orange or yellow would have been some great options. Never the less they swatched really well. 



The brow shades did swatch a bit funky but I did get a chance to test these a couple of times and work great for the eyes and brows. I went with the two brown shades to give my brows a natural look.



Let's talk about the lip icing in the shade cake
Not my favorite item from the entire collab. Here is why:
The tube is a bit small and it has a tiny soft applicator. It is a bit pricey for a drugstore lipgloss.
The finish is a lovely clear with gold shimmer that reflects a bit of pink but
You do feel The shimmer specks when applying since the formula goes on in a thin layer. I personally felt it faded quickly but I did like the subtle sheen it left on my lips. 
Retails: $14


Dulce Candy Collab



Dulces Lip Candy

I'll be very honest, I am not really a fan of lip palettes but this one is really nice. It can work for both lips or cheeks. The pans are large and you have 9 shades in total. I actually had the chance to use this one a couple of times and was really impressed with the pigmentation. You will only need about two layers to cover the lips, and maybe just a tap for a hint of color on the cheeks. The finish is a very comfortable matte. Not drying at all. 
Retails : $24




Café Con Dulce

The cafe con dulce palette is all shimmers that feel almost wet to the touch. They are 9 freaking large pans. I Just barely dipped my fingers in and wah lah! Love the golds and pinks. Use them as eyeshadows, sheen blushes and highlighters for a monochromatic look. This palette for me will be perfect for the summer go to bronzed and dewy looks. I especially loved it for highlighting. They are jaw dropping bright and lasted all day. Its my Favorite palette from all the collabs. 
Retails: $24

Weylie Hoang




Weylie Hoangs collab consisted of this lovely duo.
A 6 pan eyeshadow palette and a 2 in 1 black kohl pencil and liquid liner.
I think its the perfect set.
The Eye liner duo is extremely black. I really enjoyed using the liquid side. It sets instantly so there was no accidental smudging, and most importantly it lasted all day without cracking, fading, or transferring to the rest of the lid. Highly recommend it!
The palette has a lovely range of neutrals. 3 matte shades and 3 metallic. 
For me they blended out well. There was slight fading by the end of the day but overall I really liked it. 



And here is the look I created using all the palettes and eyeliner in the collabs.
 I used weylie hoangs palette on the eyes as well as the liquid liner. 
I'm using the blush from Chloe morellos full face palette. On the lips is dulce candy lip palette. (I combined two shades) and as a highlighter I am using the cafe con dulce palette. The shade was blinding. 

Which one was your favorite palette? 

Thank you for checking out my insanely long blog post. This is my honest review and make no commission from this post or any sales. 

XOXO RUBI








Comments

  1. This collection is so stunning! Pixi products are on my list of "Must Try" brands ♥ I absolutely love the k0look you created! xo, Marwa (itsmarwamakeup)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marwa, I say definitely try the liquid lipsticks and dulces highlight palette. you will love them .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The