Skip to main content

2017 High End Favorites

High End Favorites of 2017

Happy Friday! Sorry this one took me a while to finally put it together. 2017 was finally the year I got to test out more high end products other then just Mac.  Yes I am not Familiar with too many high end brands till I received the opportunity to join Octoly. A few I purchased myself and others where Gifted to me by the brands themselves.
 

Here Are my favorites that are worth the splurge!

 
 
 
 
Lets start with Primer. A very important part of Makeup application is a flawless base and this stuff  Cotarde Day Dream Mousse Cream, is a bit pricey but feels so good on the face. It comes out a lovely pink silicone type of formula that goes on clear. (Does not contain Silicone, but feels exactly like it). A little pump goes a long way. It instantly blurred my pores and felt very light. It smells so good too. I still haven't yet finished the bottle but I like to save this one for special occasions when I want my Makeup to look extra and last all night.
 

Price: 1.4 oz for $64

 
Description on Their Page:
"Acts on a cellular level. Energizes skin aquaporins (skin’s water channels), boosts skin hydration and skin cells communication for radiant look right now. Its unparalleled ultra-smooth, silicone-like texture provides stress-free, relaxed and confident appearance in an instant. It works on blemishes and wrinkles leaving skin super smooth and matte, refreshed and radiant"

 
Moving on to Foundation: Bare Minerals takes my vote on being the lightest weight with medium to full coverage, and easy application. It's not thick, its scent free and  comes with a pump. You wont feel as if you have a thick layer on your face all day. It has a soft matte finish perfect for my dry skin.
 

Price: 1 oz for $34

 
Description on Page:
 
We're redefining performance wear with this new liquid mineral foundation that cares while it covers, improving the appearance of skin texture over time* while blurring pores and imperfections. The 24-hour breathable full coverage is powered by Mineral Lock™ Long-Wear Technology that blends mineral pigments with lipids naturally found in skin to lock in transfer-resistant, color-true coverage in 30 carefully calibrated shades.
 
 

 
If you prefer A light Coverage then definitely check out IDUN Minerals. Their Pure Mineral Illuminating  foundation is great for those days I want to wear minimum makeup when walking out of the house but I want my skin to still look great. This bottle comes with a pump, has a very light scent and is Light coverage. It was developed in Sweden but can now be found here in the U.S.

Price: 1 fl oz  $28

 
Description on their Page:
NORRSKEN – Pure Mineral Illuminating Foundation delivers beautiful skin today and protects for beautiful skin tomorrow. Purified mineral ingredients are blended in a pure water base for a naturally luminous look and healthy-looking skin. Like all IDUN Minerals products, Norrsken follows the strict ingredient guidelines of the Swedish pharmacy authority. With a touch of concentrated lingonberry oil to keep it Scandinavian and to keep skin hydrated and radiant.
 

 

 
On to Concealers, This Cameo Contour dual ended stick by Pur Cosmetics contains both a light shade and bronzer shade perfect for contouring. This product has lasted me a while with constant use. It is very creamy and dries to a powder finish it also blends out well. I love that it is a duo product, perfect for traveling.
I tested it out as just a foundation (as the product is described as a foundation) and found it a little too thick and light colored, but it worked great for contouring as a base bronzer and concealer.  There are 5 other shades ranging from light to deep.
 

Price : .5 oz for $39.50 (Contains Beauty Sponge as well)

 
Description on their page:
Meet the final word in flawless contouring. PÃœR's dual-ended contour stick adds closeup-worthy depth and dimension to your natural features with a creamy, oil-free formula that sets to a picture perfect powder finish. Using light-reflective microspheres, this 2-in-1 complexion innovation emphasizes your face's natural highlights and lowlights while simultaneously blurring the look of imperfections, such as dark spots and fine lines. As you apply and blend one or both shades with the pro blending sponge, your skin also drinks in the skin-perfecting benefits of PÃœR's own Ceretin Complex - a proprietary blend of hydrating ceramides and age-defying vitamin A!
 
 
 
The famous Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Concealer. This one is a bit pricey as well but boy does it really have that wow factor on my makeup. I only picked this one up after hearing such amazing reviews on it. Definitely worth the splurge. A flawless finish. It helps cover those dark circles and any acne marks. I love that the applicator is huge because it just take a swipe or two to cover the under eyes.

Price: 0.33 oz for $27

 

 
On to Mascaras, I think 2017 was the year I discovered some new unique Mascaras. Julep Beauty with A twist was sent to me on behalf of Preendotme. This particular mascara, if you twist the top will shorten and then extend the applicator. Use the wand short to add volume and extend it for length. (It also contains bamboo extract and peptides.)
 

Price: .24 oz for $22

 
 

 
 This mascara is from Doucce Cosmetics and it is one of the fluffiest I have ever seen. I like my lashes to look full and this one gives that fullness I have always craved. You don't need to layer it continuously like most other mascaras and the applicator cap is perfect for holding tight to get the product into those tight spots. For the perfect fake eyelash look go with this one!

Price:  $24


 
My Favorite Product Next, the lippies! I finally got to try the Lip sense Lippies. (No I am not a distributor.) These where sent to me by two lovely ladies.( If you need their info on where to purchase them feel free to let me know in the comments.) You cant have a color with out the moisturizing gloss. At first I was surprised by the tingle when applying but once I applied the gloss the tingle went away and the color is sealed in. With more then 8 hrs of wear you can eat, kiss, or drink anything your heart desires and your lipstick wont transfer or come off. They are really awesome for important events or festivals.
 

Price: Unknown


 

 
Another Amazing lippie is Marc Jacobs. This one was sent to me courtesy of Influenster and I knew immediately after trying it I needed more shades. Its the comfiest semi matte liquid lipstick. The color gives the appearance of a full lip.
Easy to apply and can last up to 4 hrs.
 

Price: $30

 
Features:
•Concentrated color boost pigments
•Ultra creamy Brazilian Cupuacu butter
•Long lasting color and moisture with collagen infused formula
 
 
 
(Product in picture is Mini Grape Lip Plumper) 
 
I normally stick with lip glosses that plump the lips but this product definitely caught my attention. I am fine with the size of my lips but I like to spice it up every once in a while and really give them the Kylie Jenner Plump. Unlike the glosses the Candy Lipz plumper effect last up to 24 hrs. I experienced close to 5 hrs when I didn't add to much pressure.
 

Price: Currently $35

 
Details:
"The Candylipz lip plumper is a breakthrough, hand-operated lip enhancement tool that combines ancient Chinese Cupping suction and our exclusive, patented Xtreme lip-shaper system to shape and contour your lips smoothly in minutes."

 
Ending it with a bronzer Palette that is no longer available but you can find the Bronzers sold separately. These smell like chocolate and blend out well. There are quite a few shades to choose from and of course beautiful holiday releases. Too faced has it all.
 
 
Thank you for checking it out. I hope you found it helpful when you are undecided on what to try next. Definitely check these out if you can, and leave me a comment below on what made it on your top?
 
 
XOXO RUBI

Comments

  1. I got the BareMinerals foundation from Influenster and I can't make up my mind about it. Sometimes I really like it, and sometimes not so much. Its weird.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The