Skip to main content

Profusion 2017 holiday Part 1


ProFusion Cosmetics Holiday Collection



Hey everyone, Hope you are having a lovely weekend so far. Mines has just been made with all these new goodies to play with. A big thank you to Profusion Cosmetics who sent me some of their new items which are part of their Holiday Collection.

You can already find them on their website here, and at the target website here.
They will be available in target stores staring November 5th.
But wait...........
Can you believe everything is under $10!!!

The Sultry Palette



Of Course I will begin with my favorite product  from the five items I was sent. The sultry palette consist of 24 shades in matte, shimmer, and satin finish. Guess how much this one retails for?....$9.99 and to be honest I would rather spend $40 on this palette then the high end ones with pretty packaging and crappy formula.
This gem has a lovely selection of shades and applied, blended and wore really well.  



(First row swatches)
The first row consist of mostly shimmery and satin shades with one matte. They are really pigmented. It seriously took a quick swipe to pick up pigment. I did double dip for the swatches. The fourth shade from the top was a pretty unique one. It looks white but has a blue shift. It didn't show up well when swatched and on my camera but in person it is beautiful.



(Second Row swatches)
Second Row features a few more matte shades and a lovely shimmery blue, green, and brown. The shimmer shades feel sort of wet to the touch. The satin and matte shades are very soft to the touch and do kick up a little bit of product. Nothing dramatic.


(Last row swatches)
I just happened to realize that the shades are sister shades to the second row. The green in this row is darker and the blue is lighter. As for the brown at the top it is a matte instead of a shimmer. This row also includes a black shade perfect for a smokey eye.



You can create a variety of looks with this palette.
The following look eye look was created using the palette. They blended out really well and no matter what primer I used they held up through the day looking vibrant as when I first applied.


Brows Palette



The second Item that I also fell in love with is the brows palette. This one retails for $6.99. It comes in their regular tin packaging.


Everything your brows might need is in this palette. Its not travel friendly as other small brow palettes but this one definitely gives you options.
You get four brow shades, brow wax, a brow pencil, a duo brow brush, and a brow highlight. And! the palette also includes a mirror.


My shade was chocolate which worked well with my dark hair. I began by applying the wax and spreading it with the brow brush. I then lined my brows with the pencil and filled them in with the powder using the angled brush included.  The beige highlight was not light enough for me but It still did its job.


I was really impressed with how long lasting the product was. I normally have brow powders fade quickly but that was not the case with this one.

Mixed Metal Lips



Now this product was the product I looked forward to using the most. You get three lip products for just $4.99. That is super affordable. It makes a great stocking stuffer right? When you want to throw in one last item in your secret Santa gift be sure to check this one out.


The set I received is in the shade cocoa. It includes a lip liner, matte and metal liquid lipstick.


All swatched well except the metal lip. It was a bit sheer, but if it is going to be applied on top of the metal lip there shouldn't be a problem. Just check out the lip swatches below.


The lips swatch below was created using the liner and matte lip. The lip liner gets two thumbs up. Amazing quality and glided on comfortably. The liquid lipstick was a little bit sticky but very pigmented. It does not dry down to a complete matte.


Once you apply the metal lip, as I did in the swatch above, the stickiness goes away. The lipstick stays in place and fades like a normal satin liquid lipstick does.
This shade is so beautiful in person. If you like metallic lipsticks this one is definitely worth checking out.



The final look was created using the Sultry palette and the lip set. I went for another dark eye and paired it with the lovely lip shade I received. Brows are also by the palette in the post.

I decided to make a part 2 to this blog post because honestly, I can continue to write a novel with these products. They are amazing! Great quality products don't have to cost you and arm and leg. They can be affordable. If you want to check out the final two items stay tuned  for the part 2.

I hope you have an amazing rest of your day. Feel free to leave any questions or comments below.

XOXO RUBI








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I