Skip to main content

My little Pony Makeup

Colourpop My little pony Collection

 
Hey everyone. Happy Friday! Is this not the cutest collection? The official 80's My little pony was selected for this lovely collection. I am not to familiar with any of the old or new ponies but this collection is definitely a collectors Item. Everything that they released has a very cute name or Its a very beautiful shade.
 
Check out some of the Items I picked out below:
 
 

My little pony Palette

 
This lovely affordable palette retails for $16.99. The outside cover is just as cute as the shades inside. I believe it features all 7 original ponies on the cover in a lilac purple case with clouds and rainbow.  Its packaging casing is the one you see with all the pony faces.
 
 
This palette features four mattes and 8 shimmers and metallic. As always they feel soft to the touch and some do kick up powder.
 
So to be very honest I feel that this palette is a little bit harder to work with for me. I usually like a taupe, or transitioning neutral shade in my palettes. This palette features fun shades but it can be a bit hard to find some good combinations.
 
 
 
Shade descriptions as listed and done by Colourpop:
 
 Princess Sparkle: metallic rich smokey turquoise
Butterscotch: white with subtle pink violet opalescent sheen
Blossom: metallic peach with pink and gold duochrome finish
Starshine: metallic golden tangerine
Bluebell: satin golden ivory
Applejack: matte dusty red violet
Skydancer: metallic bright icy lavender
Minty: matte cool-toned fuchsia
Flutterbye: matte true pastel peach
Twilight: satin deep blackened violet
Firefly: metallic silvery baby blue
Snuzzle: metallic icy white with opalescent blue duochrome
 
 
I had a hard time finding what shades work best together without the look, looking a bit to dramatic. The simplest and easiest look I created that can be perfect for an event is the look posted above. I used the shades Minty on the inner and outer corner. Sky dancer on the center lid, and then added dimension to inner and outer corner with the shade Twilight.

The lipsticks

 
 
It is so hard to say no to a Colourpop Lipstick especially with the limited edition Packaging. I  had to pick up  two.  I grabbed the Ultra Matte Lip $6 and the Ultra Glossy lip $6.
 
 
 
Shade descriptions as stated on the website:
Dream Castle : Metallic fuchsia with blue, violet and gold glitter on top
Lemon Drop: Bright cool-toned lavender
 
 
 
Why would I pick up a lip gloss when I am not really a huge fan of glosses? Well.... Look at it. Isn't is pretty? This Ultra lip gloss was not sticky at all. It has very fine glitter that you can only feel if you rub your lips together. Other than that it wears comfortably and I love that its not very sheer. It has a lot of pigment and shine.


 
Now this shade caught my attention real quick. I love a bright fun lippie. This one thankfully is not too bright but its still a fun shade.
 Their ultra mattes haven't changed their formula much (In My opinion). I had heard they weren't as drying as they first started. I feel they are a bit less drying but not much difference. I still have to treat my lips with a good balm at night. I want to mention as well that this color leaves a fuscia stain when it fades. Perfect for when you forget to retouch lipstick but not so perfect when having to remove lipstick.
 

Pressed Powder Highlighter

 
 
My first ever Pressed Powder Highlight from Colourpop. This one retails for $8
 
 
The highlight comes in a little compact with mirror. The only thing that bothered me is that no where on the packaging could I find the name. I had to go back on the website to find the name.
 
My camera also could not capture the pink that makes this highlighter so stunning in person. It is described as a Lavender with pink opal duochrome flip

 
So again I will be completely honest. When I posted my first review for this one on my instagram I was a bit disappointed in the swatch. It felt very dry and looked very sheer. I didn't quite get that pink glowy look I wanted when I saw it on my arm. 
When it was finally time to apply I wet my brush and went at it. I absolutely loved the final look. As you can see in the picture it did show up. And you can actually see the lavender in person. Its beautiful.  

Super Shock Shadow


 
Before the collection stops being sold I want to pick up the other two. This lovely super shock shadow is called sunbeam and is described as a Pastel lavender drenched with violet, hot pink and ice blue glitter


 
This is unicorn magic in a pot. They feel very soft to the touch and they look lovely alone or applied over any other shade. I did not get the chance to wear this one yet but you can head over to my instagram and I will hopefully post up a look with it in action on the lids, soon.
 
Thank you for checking the blog out today. I hope you have a lovely weekend and feel free to share what you picked up from this collection as well as what you would recommend.
 
XOXO RUBI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The