Skip to main content

Bare Minerals Bare Pro



Bare Minerals

Bare Pro


Hey everyone. So I'm getting something off my chest..... I'm new at this high end foundation stuff. How ridiculous is that right? The closest I got was Mac. So when I was sent an email to test out the new Bare Minerals Bare pro foundation I just could not resist. The Bare Minerals team sent me a generous package with some new goodies to try.

Bare Pro Foundation



I am already familiar with this brand and am truly obsessed with their matte liquid lipsticks. (I'll save those for another posts). The chance to be able to test their new bare pro had me jumping up and down. First of all this foundation claims to:

Be good for your skin (improves skin texture over time)
24 hour full coverage
Breathable formula
Blurs pores and imperfections
Natural Matte finish
Color-true coverage in 30 carefully calibrated shades
spf 20

Read more at http://www.bareminerals.com


These glass bottles with pumps retail for $34. (1 fl oz)


I received the shades Natural 11 and Light Natural 09.


My first thoughts were "Wow! I think I choose too light of shades for my skin color" but I soon figured that the foundation, once applied, seemed to flawlessly work its magic and shift into the perfect shade for my skin. It is a very light formula that can go from medium coverage to full coverage without having to pack on too much foundation. Definitely breathable. I would consider it semi matte and I will confess I did find it to wear away quickly around my nose. My Large pores seemed to have won that battle. I'm still working on finding a good cream for that , but onto the review. I am completely obsessed with how well it blends with any brush. Especially a sponge.
The sponge worked the best for me.

Face Brushes



Luxe performance brush $24 (Left)
This brush claims to have dense packed fibers. The angled shape chisels cheekbones and the dome tip helps to blend.
I used it one or two times but found it to work alright. It is a little too soft to blend the way I would have preferred my blush and bronzer to blend out.

Blooming Blush Brush $30
This hypoallergenic synthetic brush is supposed to mimic the finger tips.
OOO neat huh?! I was really curious to test this one out.
when I first put it to use I was a bit disappointed but let me tell ya! After a few days It began to be my number one foundation brush I would reach for. It works perfect for getting product around the nose, corners of eyes, under chin, and just about anywhere. I recommend washing regularly to keep application at its best since it is composed of short length bristles.


Bare Pro Contour


Bare Pro contour Face- shaping powder trio. Retails for  $34. This trio is available in two shades: Fair to medium, and Tan to dark. The palette I received is tan to dark which now makes perfect sense why it is a little dark for me. I'm laughing my butt off at the moment cause I completely didn't realize that till just know that I checked the cover. I always thought I had the fair to medium. Heck! I still made it work.


The powders are vey soft to the touch. They are very pigmented and they blend out well. The darkest shade did give me a bit of a problem at first but after a few uses I learned to blend it out better.  



Told you guys I made it work. It does look a bit dark but I have been using a light hand  when picking up the powder.

Bare Minerals Hydrate Primer




The final product I received is the good hydrations Silky face primer. $26.
The primer is intended for dry skin and claims to hydrate and nourish dry skin. It has worked well to keep my foundation from clinging to my dry spots and I have noticed that it has helped with my dry skin in the summer. I just hope it will work the same now that we are entering the fall and then soon after winter.

Thank you guys for checking the blog out today. I will continue to give you guys honest reviews. I did receive these products courtesy of the Bare Minerals team. I am not being paid at all to write this review nor do I make commission if you choose to purchase anything. I just hope it helps you. Have a lovely rest of your week.

XOXO Rubi 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I