Skip to main content

Fem Rosa. Colourpop x Karruece.




Fem Rosa Collection


Tired of these yet? Another collab this time with karrueche dropped and more new items to spend your money on faster then Colourpops  shipping. Yep I said it. I don't really know who she is. But the shades and whole collection caught my eye. Are you ready for this lovely packaging and gorgeous shades. I managed to grab mines right on the dot when It released. The whole collection with out the PR box.

She Palette



Pretty neat concept that this lovely palette contains shades that are similar to packaging. Feminine and Floral. The names of the shades are also feminine. This lovely palette retails for $16. It contains 8 soft metallic and 4 mattes. It is currently sold out but just leave your email on their site for an update on the next restock.



Ladylike: metallic soft ivory
                                                          Babe: satin light peachy pink
                                                         Dainty: metallic pinky taupe
                                                           Chick: metallic subtle gold
                                                     Mademoiselle: metallic rose gold
                                               Gal: metallic red with copper duochrome
                                                 Empress: metallic mid-tone pink plum
                                                          Filly: metallic rusty orange
                                                             Dear: matte warm rose
                                                          Missy: matte deep burgundy
                                                         Damsel: matte smokey violet
                                                            Duchess: matte dusty coral


To be honest this one wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be. I had time to test a few looks prior to doing this post. I just feel the shades swatch lovely. Very pigmented. But on the lids they tend to wear off or fade too quickly. I did not have the same problem with the Yes please palette.


For the look I used 4 of the shades in the palette: Chick, Dear., Missy, and babe. On the lips I am Wearing Mrs. from the lip bundle.
 

Fem Rosa Lip Bundle

 
The Lip bundle retails for $15 and is currently available to purchase. They also sell them individually. So if you like just one shade you can purchase that shade alone. Or if you like all three, save yourself the three extra bucks and purchase the entire bundle. The shades and packaging is truly stunning.

 
The liquid lipsticks in this collection feature two ultra satin liquid lipsticks and one ultra glossy lipstick.


 
 
Mrs.: Ultra Satin Lip; Deepened coral
Contessa: Ultra Glossy Lip; Warm gold sprinkled with pink and gold glitter in a Sheer finish
Darling: Ultra Satin Lip; Deep plum
 
The ultra satins have a great formula. They are pigmented and they don't dry up your lips. These tend to last longer then regular lipsticks.


 
If you were able to catch the collection when it first released, you were able to also snag up this freebie. An ultra glossy lip in the shade Polished.


 
This glossy lip is absolutely stunning and Is currently still available while supplies last.  It is a very pigmented copper looking shimmery gloss. No stickiness and it fades to a lovely brown shimmery tint. In order to get it added to your cart you will need to buy over $20 of products from the karrueche collab.
 
 
 
Above are lip swatches and close ups of all 4 lipsticks from this collection. They all performed really well on the lips. The only one I was really disappointed with is Contessa (Top right) That gloss was extra sheer and the gold glitter did not show up well. This could make a topper but you could just pick up any 99 cent gloss and get the same effect.
 

She Face Palette

 
 
The Final Item in this collab is the Face trio called she. This one retails for $15 and comes with a highlight, blush, and bronzer in pretty decent sized pans. The palette itself is pretty thin and about as long (just a little longer then the length of a liquid lipstick.) It does not contain a mirror just the lovely packaging you see on the rest of the collection.

 
Lassie: pearlized highlighter; true gold
Mistress: matte blush; rosey pink
Dame: matte bronzer; neutral brown
 
The shades are lovely but the only one that worked well with my skin tone was the blush. The highlighter is a bit to dark for me and the bronzer as well. There was also a lot of fall out with the blush. I used a soft blush brush and wow! did it cause a lot of kick up. The bronzer had kick up as well but that one was a bit hard to blend out. I used three different brushes to get it to blend. If your not careful you will end up with streaks.  As for the highlighter it wasn't as soft to the touch and it sure did not show on my skin when I used a brush and even when I used my fingers. I am sorry ladies but this trio was a big two thumbs down. Not worth your Money!


 
Here is the look I am currently wearing as I type this all up. The ultra glossy lip in the shade polished on the lips and I took the face trio palette for a test run. The blush is so lovely that I am willing to keep it just for the blush alone.
 
I just feel overall this collab is more of a collectors must have but the quality is a bit ehhh on both the face trio and palette. I mean if you really want to try it go give it a shot. Colourpop constantly reformulates their products to please their customers, so your batch may be better then this one.
 
Hope this helped you out when it comes time to purchase. Don't forget to subscribe if you like. Hope you have a great rest of your Friday. 
 
xoxo- Rubi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The