Skip to main content

Colorescience

 

Colorescience



Hey beauties. Todays blog relates to skin care. Skincare is a must and protecting your skin from the suns harmful rays avoids any future skin problems. Don't be like me! I'm very bad at remembering to put on sunscreen but I have been attempting to start loving and caring for my skin more, this is why I am so thrilled to receive these great beauty products with SPF.


Colorescience Is a new to me brand that specializes in creating makeup with spf to help nourish and protect our skin. They are a high end brand. You can find eyeshadow palettes, powder and liquid foundation, Bronzers, and lip products. Yay! The first ever package I received as part of their pr contained an spf 50 brush on sunscreen powder and spf 20 mousse like bronzer.

Sunforgettable Sun Screen Spf 50


The Powder sunscreen comes in a convenient tube with an attached powder brush that you pop off the top and bring down the cover and swipe over the face to release the product. You can use small circles to apply heavily or large swipes to apply lightly. It doesn't leave you cakey at all. It actually feels very light. I like to use it over my makeup to set it but you can use it alone as just your foundation, which isn't a bad idea for the beach. Instead Of using a cream or spraying my face with regular bottled sunscreen I just pull out my powder and apply. Will not mess up my makeup. It offers protection from both UV-A and UV-B rays and! and! It is waterproof. They just recommend applying every two hours.

 

Bronzing perfector 3 in 1 Face Primer SPF 20



This moisturizing primer and bronzer has a very soft mousse like texture and is also waterproof. I use a very tiny amount on my face before applying my foundation. It is a little thick so it blends out to form an even surface on my skin Perfect for my foundation to cover. This product is great for summer when you want to get that sunkissed glow going. It's not too dark for light skin but you have to be careful with how much you apply or you will see orange. 



The second Package was another lovely surprise. It contained an on the go face palette and a pressed foundation.

Beauty On the Go Palette



The beauty on the go is absolutely gorgeous in person. I am so excited about these shades and the fact that though it looks like an eye shadow palette it has more then one use. This multi use palette comes in 5 soft and blendable shades.


From Bottom to top
Neutral apricot: a very light shade can be used on the eyes and as a powder to help brighten and camouflage.
Champagne shimmer: is a rosy pink shimmery shadow or can also be used as a highlighter for your cupids bow, or topped over your blush. 
Universal blush: get the perfect pop of color with this lovely burnt orange.
Sun kissed bronze: contour your eyes with this lovely brown or use it as a bronzer to contour the cheeks. You can even wet it for an even  more intense brown. 
Coffee shimmer: Omg! The most chocolatey brown, with a hint of shimmer. Absolutely gorgeous shade you can use it as an eyeliner by spraying your brush with any setting mist before dipping in with your angled brush or just cover your lid on this lovely shade.


The pigmentation is amazing. Each color packs a punch. They are very soft to the touch and blend out so well. There is also little to no fall out. 


I couldn't help myself, putting it to the test. I created this look using all the shades. On the eyes is neutral apricot, sunkissed bronze, and coffee shimmer. I used sunkissed bronze to define my cheekbones and then on my cheeks is universal blush. I used a light hand to add just a bit of color. The champagne shimmer shade added a bit of glow used on top of the blush and finally I also used neutral apricot to set my concealer under the eyes. Everything worked amazing. It blended out well and lasted all day. I'm very surprised.  


Neutral ye look created using neutral apricot, sunkissed bronzer, and coffee shimmer. 


Natural Finish Pressed Foundation


The final product I had the amazing opportunity to try is their powder foundation with SPF 20. I'm not a huge fan of powder foundation as I have acne that needs extra coverage but this powder did very well in concealing my redness and acne scars without feeling heavy or cakey. It offers medium to full coverage, it comes with a makeup sponge and a mirror and the compact feels like great quality. Their logo and lovely blue colored packaging makes this a lovely high end, great for you, product.

So far no disappointments. From packaging to product itself, their quality is amazing. Thank you to the Product Review team for allowing me the chance to try these products and to share with you my thoughts, and looks created using these products. Feel free to leave any questions or thoughts below. Hope you have an amazing rest of your week.

XOXO Rubi

P.S I provide honest reviews and thoughts in all my product review posts. I like to keep it genuine whether I receive the items free or purchase them myself. the products in this post where sent to me for free. I do not make commission if you choose to buy anything.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The