Skip to main content

Colourpop blotted lips


Colourpop Blotted Lip


Colourpop never ceases to amaze me with how affordable they can be and how lovely their products are. They constantly bring out new collabs and collections. My recent purchase was to be able to try their blotted lippie stix and ultra blotted lips.


I always love full coverage with my make up items and I never thought I would see myself purchasing a lip product that gives you a little tint. These are just like a lip balm but with better color choices and they go on matte. They are supposed to give your lips that perfect "popsicle pout" as described by allure.


I picked up the three shades shown above. They are buildable. One light layer is a hint of color but two to three layers gives you a very opaque shade. They retail for $5 and though they are smaller in size compared to the regular lippie stix, they offer the same amount of product 3g. Packaging as well feels different. I find that I have to press down a bit harder for the lid to completely close.


The shade I am wearing above is candy floss. It is described as a warm terracotta.


I used two layers to get the desired finish of candy floss and paired the lip shade with a very fun and summery eye look using the colourpop super shock shadows "as if" on the crease, "drift" on the outer corner, and "flipper"in the inner corner. If you want to see a post on the super shock shadows just let me know in the comments below and I'll get on that.


My most favorite of the three shades is drip. This shade is described as a warm rosey mauve. Extra lovely for any desired look you could be going for. I love it as an everyday shade and that's why it remains in my purse at all times. You will need touch ups throughout the day because these fade away quickly and most likely wont make it through any meal.


Ice Cube is a bit of a more girly fun shade. It is described as a cool toned berry. I also want to mention that shades will always vary depending on skin color, or lip pigmention. I have bought some believing the shade would be true to the color on their website and end up with a less intense, or more intense shade.



I could not pass up the chance to trying out the Ultra Blotted Lips as well. These retail for $6. They are transfer proof, buildable matte liquid lipsticks. I happen to choose both of the best selling shades by accident.




Doozy: A warm Rose
Zuma: Warm Rosey Mauve



I've come to realize that my color selections have changed.  I love fun and exciting pops of color but lately I have been leaning more towards mauve and more neutral shades.


In the shade above I am wearing Doozy. These Ultra blotted lips have a very thin formula. The liquid is more watery and when applied on the lips it dries down to a powdery like, soft to the touch finish. You can definitely feel it is there but I absolutely loved how long lasting it is.


Unlike their other liquid lipsticks this formula doesn't crack or dry your lips. Zuma is the shade I am wearing above. It constantly sells out quick...So If you find its available (which is not currently available on the site) Do jump on it.



Close up swatch of zuma on the lips.


Colourpop is a very affordable and becoming a well known brand. I definitely recommend their products and especially the super shock shadows and these ultra blotted lips. They constantly have deals and suprises. Thanks again for checking the blog out. . Feel free to leave any questions in the comments or products you would like me to review. Have a lovely weekend

xoxo Ruby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The