Skip to main content

Colourpop birthday

Colourpop's 3rd Birthday



Colourpop just turned three and yes I know this post came a little too late. So I guess its purpose will be to introduce their products. I'm really hoping they decide to bring these products out as singles. So fingers crossed for you guys. Lets get started.



What really caught my attention were the birthday singles. The lovely shades were calling my name. 4 pans of deliciousness.


I will do my best to describe these as the descriptions are no longer on their website.

Cakewalk: A violet with blue shift
Party Favors: A sunset orange with a gold shift
Rager: This one is a little bit harder for me to describe but here is a shot. I would consider it an Ivory white with a very light champagne gold shift.
The big 3: The most unique one is this lovely white that in its packaging looks plain and simple but swatched has a lovely blue green shift. So beautiful!


They feel so buttery soft to the touch and they are pigmented. These were the birthday shades but they have so many other colors to choose from. At $5 each and 1.5g of product. These are must haves. The come in magnetic pans so you can pop them right into your custom made palettes.


A very simple look I created using the shade party favors. I went with a cranberry shade in the outer  corner of lid and applied party favors to the inner lid.  I have realized the shades do take a bit to build up and they don't last as long as the super shock shadows (my faves). I jus recently tried cakewalk and was complimented a lot on how gorgeous it looked on the lid but by the end of the night I was so disappointed it didn't last. It completely faded on the lid and I was using a good primer too. I'm hoping the rest of the pressed shadows are not the same So I'll probably purchase a few and keep you guys updated.






 The highlight was a great addition to the birthday swag bag. The highlighter is called Blow me out. I would describe it as a bronze gold with a metallic shimmer.


It is absolutely stunning. Their highlighters are so soft to the touch. They remind me of satin. I think these are a little more easier to apply than their blushes and they show up really well. They picked a perfect shade to fit all skin tones.


As for the lipglosses I  personally would have gone with more pigmented glosses but these are perfect for those who love to top their lipsticks with a sheer gloss.


The only shade I would consider more pigmented and looks well on its own is wishes. Wishes is a lovely sheer purple with violet shimmer. Bash is also sheer and reminds me more of a girly girl shade. A pink with slight metallic shimmer. I think that shade would look great as a topper for a hot pink or nude. As for RSVP I am really loving the shift. This color is pretty unique. A baby pink with green shimmer alone on the lips its a very fun color. One thing I like doing with shades like this is using a dark matte shade underneath and watching that green shift really show through.


I have included the swatches of all three shades on the lips below:



Wishes


Bash

RSVP


This years birthday shadow did not come along with the birthday bag but as always when you made a purchase of  $10 or more it was added as a freebie.


I think it is the most used item from their birthday collection. I could not get myself to really describe this shade. (ugh"!) Ill make sure to write down descriptions before they are removed. So sorry. The shade is called Birthday Cake. And I could not miss out on the slice of heaven. I mean just look at it! Don't you agree? ....I have not missed out on the birthday shades because they are absolutely stunning with all the glitter they feature. And cant forget to mention the packaging. This years was a baby blue with silver stars. Great for collectors.  



I use a brown in the outer crease and in the center this glittery goodness. I've been asked about it so much I cant stop recommending. You need some COLOURPOP goodness in your life. A glittery super shock shadow or a lippies stix if you can. And if its your first order don't forget to add your email to their website and receive a $5 off coupon towards your next purchase. I just recently made another order so I cant wait to show you their new item! I hope it is as good as it looks. Anyways thank you for checking the blog out today and again forgive me for posting this a little too late. Have a lovely day.

XOXO Ruby 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The