Skip to main content

My Sweet Sparkle Subscription



My Sweet Sparkle


Hey loves. Hope you had an amazing week. I'm going to dive right in with a review of a subscription box I have had the chance to try these past three months. My sweet Sparkle is a monthly beauty subscription that offers free worldwide shipping, 5 FULL size beauty items, and monthly to year specials.
Month to month: $24.50 /month
3 Months: $23.50/month
6 Months: $22.50/month
12 Months: $21.00/month
* As of today they are currently holding a 20% off special on your first order when you sign up with your email to receive their newsletter.

February Box


My very first box was sent to me thanks to Octoly and my sweet sparkle in return for my honest opinion. I Received Februarys box with the theme of Kiss Of Winter. To be honest I absolutely loved it. This beauty subscription stands above others because it contains almost a full face of full size beauty items.


The Kiss of Winter February box contained:
Liquid Lipstick by LA Splash
A loose Pigment eye shadow by Concrete Minerals
A baked blush by Be a bombshell
Volumizing Mascara by Crown
And a double sided eyeliner by kokie professional.


Subscriptions like these are very nice because you have the chance to try new brands, new products, and unique colors you normally wouldn't go for but can eventually change your mind. Some standouts in this box was the Be a Bombshell Teachers pet baked blush. It is a pink with some gold shimmer. Applied it has a very luminous touch. You can use it as a highlight or pack it on for a more brighter pink touch on the cheeks.


Another stand out was the crown volumizing mascara. I absolutely love the applicator because it covers more lashes in one swipe. It honestly did more for length then volume. I used three to four coats for the look I go for and definitely saw no clumpiness.


One Item that was the least loved from my February box was the LA Splash Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade cookie dough. The shade was absolutely lovely but the formula was not. I had always wanted to try the brand but I was hesitant to order a $14 liquid Lipstick. It was a bit sticky, took forever to dry down and did not last long.  Not every item in a beauty Subscription will be a hit. You learn what products work for you and which ones do not.



I like to create a look after each box using all the items. February theme was lovely and the color choices they sent out worked together nicely.

March Box



 
March box contained the peach perfection theme. It also included one extra item which I believe to be was the extra eyeshadow from crown. Again almost a full face of products featuring some exciting brands. All boxes have a value of $40 or more. 
 
 
In connection to the peach theme they sent out a jcat lipfinity matte lip in the shade cash money and a lip makeup remover. I never had the chance to try the lip remover out but the liquid lipstick shade was very lovely. A comfortable peach shade that wasn't too bright and was very comfortable to wear. 




 We also  received two crown cosmetics eyeshadow that were very large in size (4g). You easily pop them off their packaging and pop them right into your magnetic palette. They are very soft to the touch and applied so well with the brush that also came in the March box from the brand terre mere cosmetics. It's a stiff shadow brush that works great wet or dry. It picked up product well and feels high end.
 
  
 
These feel buttery soft to the touch. On the left is iced (A white with subtle shimmer). And on the right is Lavish (A foiled rose gold).


This is my very first chella product and a very exciting one too. I'm not sure if we all received this shade or if they give the option of choosing the shade? I received this box again for my honest opinion so I have no knowledge or info on that. The product itself is expensive. Close to the price of the subscription itself,  so, hey high five to that. It's pretty neat because it's an angled brush at the top and then you unscrew the bottom to reveal the product itself that's in the form of pomade. Not sure how long the product itself will last but you'll still be able to use the brush even after you run out. It applied well and lasted all day. You'll need some good makeup remover for that. 
 
 

Again I put together a look using all the products. Eyes lips and brows. I really loved Marchs box. Very well put together my sweet sparkle. 

April Box



Final box for this review is April's box with the theme hues of beauty. I also want to mention that they put their boxes together so well. No room for product to bounce around during shipping. They included bubble wrap, the paper confetti stuff and a lovely blue wrapping paper waiting for you to tear in. 



This month's included a manna kaddar illuminating blush with a lovely shift. Very lovely in person. Tip: Just barely dip your brush in because this baby is pigmented. 
 

 
Jcat's baked trio in grape gelato. Absolutely have been seeing this baby around and finally had the chance to dip in. Stunning and great choice of shades for the summer time. 
 
 


We received a liquid lipstick from appeal cosmetics (my first ever time trying) in the shade nude and  was more of a highly pigmented gloss. Just one dip and you got a full pout. We also received a  Be a bombshell (repeat brand) liquid liner in the shade blacklisted. Has a little shimmer but applied well and didn't budge. 



Final product was the eyelashes. A neat surprise in this month's box. They were easy to apply as well as easy to create this look using all the items in my April box. Thank you again to my sweet sparkle box for the chance to try. It's not to late for you to pick up this month's box. You have till the end of each month to order. They ship  quick too, and customer service is amazing. If you are not interested in the subscription but would love to purchase the items separately, you can do so on their website. certain items in each box are available to purchase individually.
Have a lovely weekend everyone and hope I didn't loose anyone in this long post. Thank you to all who made it to the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I