Skip to main content

IDUN Minerals USA

 
 

IDUN Minerals USA

 


Hey  loves. Any one ready for the weekend? I know I am. Whether your attending a party or spending some time with family why not wear some products that are great for even the most sensitive skin. Since discovering this brand thanks to octoly (A website for beauty creators) I am becoming a huge fan.
 
 
 
 
IDUN minerals is a brand developed in Sweden and only uses pure minerals. They have kept in mind sensitive skin. So those with acne or rosacea can feel comfortable wearing these products and not worry about irritation. The first ever product I received was there pure mineral illuminating foundation. This one retails for $35 on their website here. It is medium coverage and includes a pump. Product packaging is very simple and elegant. The bottle itself is a frosted gloss with a plastic cap that pops on smoothly.
 
 
I prefer Full coverage but this one actually caught my attention and has been my daily choice. It is very light and gives a lovely glow and healthy appearance to my face. I do use concealer in the areas I need more coverage. I found it to be long lasting and great for either dry or oily skin. If you need help figuring out your shade their website offers a chart that helps you find the right shade based on your undertones. The shade I picked up was Freja. I am  light medium with warm undertones. It was a perfect match
 
 
The second Item I received was their eye shadow quad called Norrlandssyren. They currently have 5 different palettes to choose from and they all retail for $28 here.
 
 
Norrlandssyren contains 1 matte shade and 3 shimmers (shimmery shades contain Mica).
 
 
The swatches here do the shades no justice. They are very lovely in person. I swatched them with out primer on bare skin. Again I am awful at describing shades so I hope you can tell the colors in the close ups. I love to use the first shade in the inner corners to brighten up the eyes. The second shade is the only matte and would look amazing on the lid with a darker shade in the crease. As for the light brown and violet, the two shades have a lovely shift. The violet has a mixture of brown that gives you a very unique shade.
 



For this look I used the white shimmery shade in the inner corner and the violet shade on the lid. I used a dark purple from a different brand on the crease. I also have more looks using this palette on my instagram if you need more inspiration on looks created using this palette.
 
 
The final makeup product I received is their blush Havtorn. It retails for $25 here . As always their beautiful logo makes an appearance on their products. IDUN is the name of a Old Norse goddess. She represented eternal youth. The apple is symbolic of her story that she would share magic apples with other gods to keep them young (What I read on their website) I believe its a great symbol. Their products contain pure minerals to help our skin stay youthful and healthy.

 
The havtorn blush is lovely and blends with ease. I love this color. A peachy pink that gives the cheeks a lovely flush of color. It also contains a little mica so it gives the cheeks a subtle glow.


 
The final Items I had the chance to try and test out are two of their brushes. The one above is listed as a foundation brush but I found it to be too little for that. It would take a chunk of my time trying to apply my foundation with this brush. I tried a few different ways before giving up and calling it a concealer brush. It worked perfect to blend out the concealer under the eyes. I was a little sad to see it didn't work out for me under what it was listed as but I do in fact love the handle (Its clear and thick). I also loved the synthetic taklon. Very soft and dense.


 
The final Item I recently received is their Kabuki brush. It is just the perfect size to use with my face powder, blush, and even to blend out my bronzer. Soft to the touch and again features a clear handle and synthetic Taklon. Taklon is easy to clean and keep hygienic. I also don't want to forget to mention that all products I have received feature some lovely artwork. The brushes and foundation came in boxes with the artwork and the blush and quad feature their artwork on the product covers. They are all interpretations of the goddess IDUN created by the artist Patrizia Gucci. (As listed on the website) I can tell this brand put in a lot of effort designing their products and ensuring they work for everyone.
 
All products from this Brand were sent to me complimentary by octoly and the brand itself for my honest opinion. I will remain 100% honest in all my reviews.
 
Thank you for checking out my blog today. I hope you have a lovely weekend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I