Skip to main content

December ipsy

December Ipsy 



Hey Loves. Hope your week was amazing? Whos ready for the Weekend??? I know I am.
I have been busy testing out all my Ipsy products. I will be honest.. except for one. But over the course of two weeks I found some favorites.

Lets start wih the lovely bag they sent out to everyone this month. The color and the texture of this bag was perfect for the holiday season. I love that the Ipsy glam bags just seem to be getting more and more glamourous, fun, or unique each month. This month everyone received the same color. It is a lovely fuscia that is very soft to the touch. It feels so high end. I myself would have paid $10 just for the bag alone.


The  products I received complimented the feel of this bag. A liquid  lipstick that fits perfectly incase I need to touch up on the night out and a metallic shadow for a glamorous eye look.   


Ciate Liquid Velvet Lipstick $15.20


The liquid lipstick is a mini of course but I feel I will get plenty of use. Its already become a liquid lipstick I reach for often. The shade I received is Pin up. A beautiful berry shade.  


I feel it is a very comfortable lipstick. It doesn't dry down and it is not transfer proof but it is long lasting. It contains hyaluronic acid to condition and create a fuller lip.
I personally loved wearing this shade to go out paired with a dark brown eyeshadow look or a sharp eyeliner wing.

Nyx Prismatic Eye Shadow $5.99



I currently own two of these before receiving this one. The shade I received is called Jaded. A metallic eyeshadow that is described as a cool green that reflects silver in the light.  I am a bit upset because I dropped this lovely shadow right the next day I received it. I wanted to cry but I held my tears in so I wouldn't smear my mascara haha. All the prismatic eyeshadows are metallic in this collection.

This eyeshadow gave me all sorts of ideas to create a holiday look. I went with something simple and used a brown shade on the crease and tapped the Nyx Jaded shadow on the lid. It takes a bit to build up and I was a little disappointed that the shadow did not make it through the day. It faded maybe after 6 hrs. I lost count but I do remember I was getting ready to take my makeup off and it was gone. Poof! Vanished! I love the color but I do wish they change the formula to last longer.

Mint Pear Beauty Sponge $20.00


This month I also received a Beauty sponge from the brand Mint Pear. May sound pricey to some but it actually is a really great sponge. You can use it wet or dry. If you read my short review on Instagram you will see that at first I really was confused with this sponge. I am used to seeing beauty sponges grow in size when you wet them (Well at least the ones I own do). I don't own the original beauty blender so I am not sure if that one grows in size either. But yes I soaked this one in water and you can barely see a difference in growth. I liked that it did not soak up and waste my foundation or contour cream. It blended my makeup evenly to create a flawless finish. I just hate the fact that it feels a little rough when patting it against my face. I do think though that it may last longer then the softer beauty sponges. Well at least I do hope so because its become my favorite beauty sponge to use.

Marc Anthony Argan Oil Conditioner $6.99



My second item from Marc Anthony that I have received from Ipsy is this conditioning treatment that contains argan oil. Argan oil is great for nourishing hair and dry skin as well as healing burns. I received the sample size of this product but the full size is available at Walgreens, Rite Aid, or Ulta for around $6.99. This product smells amazing but I can honestly say it did nothing for my hair. It may be that I might have to try it longer to see a difference but for the past two weeks I really haven't seen much change in my hair. No softness or shine.


Tarte Maracuja Oil $48


So this is the product I did not have the chance to try. I currently am using another oil so I wanted to avoid mixing them since my skin has been a bit sensitive lately. We received the 0.23 oz sample size but they have a travel size that is 0.5 oz for $15 or the full size that is 1.7 oz for $48. I personally would go with the travel size just to test out before spending big money on the full size. This oil is great for nails, hair, lips, or face. Maracuja oil is " naturally rich in brightening vitamin C and replenishing essential fatty acids to nourish, protect and feed your skin." as described by Ulta. I personally will find this great for mixing into my foundation or using it on my dry nail cuticles and even great for adding to my shampoo to nourish my dry ends. The button droplet is an awesome addition to this product because it will make it easier to dispense the oil.

Thank you beauties for checking out the blog. Have a lovely weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The