Skip to main content

Urban Decay's LE Gwen Stefani Palette

 

Urban Decay's Gwen Stefani Palette

Hey loves hope you are enjoying your summer. So recently I don't know if you may have seen post or announcements of the urban decays collaboration with Gwen Stefani palette has gone on sale. When it first came out earlier this year the palette was $60. Now it has gone down more then half price to $25. That is a big steal. (Ill leave the link here.) So of course I did not want to miss out and picked one up for myself. You can find them at Sephora, urban decay, ulta, or macys. In store and online as well. She not only created a palette of eye shadows but she as well made a palette of blushes and highlight and a few lipsticks. None of which I own but the lipsticks I have still seen on sale on the Sephora page.  The packaging is adorable and stunning as well.

I will begin with the packaging because for the price this palette has a heavy and very well thought out packaging. Its a stunning gold underneath and around. The top lid contains a sort of clear glass with a patterned circle design that is incased. It has a magnetic closure that makes closing and opening so easy and mess and hassle free. The inside contains a huge mirror with a quote engraved "Magic's in the makeup". The eye shadows are round and seem to contain a lot of product. they sit surrounded by black packaging that gives the palette a very luxurious look.

As for the eye shadows them selves. You get 15 shades. On the UD website it is listed that 12 are new and three are from the UD shadow collection. I am not sure which three they are. There are 8 are shimmer shades and 7 are matte. To me when I first opened this baby up I though of it to be a more neutral everyday palette with the bottom row being more exciting to create more dramatic and glam looks. Overall a few shades swatch very similar so that is a little bumming. But if your someone who likes to stick with neutral you will definitely love this palette.

(Look created using Danger, 1987, and blackout)
(Used Anaheim and Stark to create this look)
Now finally as for the quality....well the eye shadows perform sort of eh. They go on really nicely, they blend well, and they feel very soft to the touch. But now the lasting stay on these sort of sucks because they tend to combine, fade, or look like a mess by the end of the night. In my opinion that happened to me with the darker shades. The lighter ones were not so bad. I used my UD primer  before applying. As for the shadows when you drip your brush in, a few colors did have a lot of fall out and can create a slight mess.

(Swatches of most shades in the palette without primer)
So overall this palette is not worth the $60 but its is worth the $25. The packaging is stunning. It's a great Limited Edition palette to add to your collection and who doesn't love Gwen Stefani. Anyways have a great day beauties and thanks for taking your time to read my post today. Hope it is helpful in helping you decide if you will grab it or skip it.




Comments

  1. Nice review!! I actually wasn't excited about the colors, but I was amazed at the packaging. I didn't purchase it when it was originally released, because the colors just weren't doing much. But since the $25 sale came up i decided to go on and add it to my.collection. thanks for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyou. I hope it helped I tried it and was honestly relieved I didn't pay $60 That would have been a disappointment but for $25 it is very pretty to look at and some colors are great. I'm glad you liked it. Thankyou.

      Delete
  2. aww thankyou. I hope it helped I tried it and was honestly relieved I didn't pay $60 That would have been a disappointment but for $25 it is very pretty to look at and some colors are great. I'm glad you liked it. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The