Skip to main content

May 2016 favorites

   

 May 2016 Favorites

Hey ladies hope you are having a great week. We are hitting the 100's this week and the heat is no joke. Keeping cool indoors is the best idea. Not the funnest but my makeup keeps me busy. This past month I pulled out a few newbies and oldies. 2 palettes to be exact and some other makeup products I would love to share with you girls.

Urban Decays Alice in Wonderland looking through the glass palette:

So first of all I will say I was trying to avoid getting my hands on this one when it first came out. But it is so hard to do when your Instagram feed is full of beautiful pictures. It called out to me. What makeup doesn't? haha Anyways My amazing boyfriend gave me shopping money on mothers day and this one was my first pick. Very expensive though $60. It hurts my heart to spend that much but I blame all the lovely beauty accounts on Instagram for that. The packaging is gorgeous and It is limited edition. The colors are gorgeous as well. It includes both mattes and shimmers and a cute little double sided eyeshadow brush. Some of the colors are unique so that really is a big plus. The top flips up to a large mirror and then you open up to little doors that reveal a beautiful butterfly that spreads its wings when the little doors are opened. Below just like a chest is the palette. (Pictures of the entire palette are on my Instagram if you would like to check that out.) I will admit this palette does have a few cons I would love to mention. First off when you pull out the drawer, the eyeshadow pans were not placed deep so they do rub against packaging. Not only that but for $60 I would expect all colors to be soft and very pigmented. "Dream on" was a bit rough and you get a teensy bit of color when you swatch. Other colors have pigment but you will need a good primer for them to show up true to color. Come on Urban Decay!!

(Swatches of most of the colors in the Urban Decay palette without primer and taken with flash)

Morphe 35C Palette


The second palette is an oldie and is by Morphe. This one is the 35C. This one features the matte colors. You will not find any shimmer shadows here unless you buy the shimmer edition of this one which is the morphe 35U. It is exactly like this one but all the shadows are shimmery. Its a gorgeous palette I hope to have my hands on soon. This one is perfection as well. If you love to play with color you will definitely enjoy this one. It retails for $19.99 right now on the Morphe website. I really enjoyed playing with the colors in this palette. They are very pigmented and blended so heavenly. I'm sure they would have also gone on great without a primer. I experienced no fall out and the variety of colors did not make it hard for me to find what I needed.
Thank you Morphe! you have not disappointed me yet. I just hope to really get my hands on that 350 soon cause I'm tired of drooling over everyone elses pics and not owning her yet.


      
(Look Created using the Morphe 35C Palette)

Amazing Cosmetics Illuminate Concealer:

                                           
(Amazing Cosmetics Illuminate concealer in the shade Fair)

This Concealer is truly Amazing!! So I didn't own anything like this one before. It has a tiny bit of shimmer that gives of a beautiful radiant look. Definitely helps me pull of a fresh makeup look. It has a doe applicator and it is a very lightweight formula. This one is not as thick as their famous concealer corrector but It still does its job of covering up imperfections really well. I own the lightest color which is fair. I love this light shade for contouring. As I may have already mentioned I have dry skin. This gave me a dewy look. It also provided a bit of hydration. It is also multifunctional. You can use it on the brow bone, cupids bow and the cheek bones. You can find it at Ulta, Sephora, or Amazing Cosmetics.

(Swatch of Amazing Cosmetics Illuminate in the shade Fair)

Je Beau International Dark Bronzer:


Yes you have seen this one before but I can not put this one down. It's a constant go to bronzer for me. It last all day and just with a swift swipe of your bronzer brush you pick up a good amount of product needed. It is very pigmented and blends out really nicely. It looks like it has a bit of shimmer but it doesn't show up exaggeratedly on the face. (Swatch is below)
You can use just a bit and blend it out well to create a beautiful sun kissed glow or you can layer  it with a second layer to create a more glamorous look. And the size of this baby is worth every penny.
 

F&R Primer:


Okay this baby right here, I'm trying to make her last. I haven't been able to find her online easily and when I do she is pricey. I love love this primer. It comes out very liquidy and a foggy white color. It has a good scent that I cant quite put my finger on, to an exact comparison too. when you apply it goes on like water if I may say so. And when it dries up you can feel a slight tug on your skin. Some might not like that but I really enjoyed how my makeup last so long with this stuff. I don't know what exactly they put in this stuff, but it holds my makeup longer than any other primer I have tried. It also helps create a matte canvas so If you can get your hands on this...Do so get it and let me know what you thought about it.

Mac Persistence:

I love Mac and I'm sad to say I've replaced them with Colourpop, but this specific color helped me pull of a lot of looks in May. It is Mac Persistence and it is part of the mattes. It looks light brown in the picture above but It.... (Okay Ill try to explain it the best I can but I really am not an expert at this.)... It looks like a brick brown because it does pull a reddish color. Sort of like a clay. Did I loose you there? well yea that's my best explanation. I posted a pic below and could not find my arm swatch one but go ahead and try it out in store. Its a unique brown and its very beautiful. I think It will go great on any skin tone.

(Mac Persistence on the lips)

Tarte Mascara:


I am not one to really buy a high end mascara because I feel a drugstore offers what a high end could do at half the price. You just really have to look around. This little sample size one came in a set with their eyelash curler. I was very surprised at how well this one separated the lashes and added length. It also added a bit of volume but not to thick. The bristles go from long to short when you examine it up close and twirl it around. I just really dislike that when you get it to close to the eye you can cause a little discomfort and pain because the bristles are very hard and not bendable. Overall a great Mascara and Would definitely repurchase.


(Used Tarte Mascara in this picture and Eyeshadows are From Morphe 35 N)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The